Border Barriers is the sole UK and European Distributor of the world's leading Crash Tested Safety Barrier System.
The Rhino Crash Tested Safety Barrier is a waterfill barrier, MIRA-tested to 50mph and Highways Agency-approved. In many situations it offers control, delineation, and protection for both employees and the general public.
Border Barriers holds the honour of being the exclusive distributor of Rhino barriers in the UK and Europe. We have supplied Rhino’s crash tested safety barriers for numerous applications including traffic management, streetworks and pedestrian safety, site security, and events and festivals. Border Barriers has even supplied to prestigious events like the 2012 London Olympics.
Benefits of these barriers include:
- No ground drilling required - these crash barriers are tested freestanding and so don’t need to be fixed in place.
- Able to absorb impact - fitted with impact strips to protect the main body of the barrier and keep it functional even after impact
- Easy to repair - if side strips are damaged, they can be replaced without moving the barrier
- Up to 15° configuration - extra flexibility when assembling your barrier system
- High visibility - reflective strips on barriers mean they can easily be seen even in low light
- Light weight - they can be manhandled into place and quickly assembled with pin drop system
- Flexible - can easily be combined with a range of other products including Rhino mesh, hoarding and sound reduction panels for additional safety and security
- Huge stock - we are able to supply 216m per load
The barrier specifications are as follow:
- Length: 2m ground coverage
- Height: 0.90m
- Base Width: 0.65m
- Weight Empty: 170kg
- Weight Water Filled: 530kg
The barrier is approved to the following standards:
- BS EN 1317 - N1 restraint up to 50mph (80kph) NCHRP 350
- Highways Agency Approved
- Accepted for use on all BAA Airports
- National Road Authority Ireland (NRA) Approved
- Norwegian Road Authorities Approval
- MIRA wind tested
Safety and security add-ons specifications
- Standard mesh and hoarding panel
- 2m x 0.98m (overall height 1.88m)
- Extended panels
- Mesh only and Hoarding/Mesh combined
- 2m x 1.52m (overall height 2.42m)
- Supplied galvanised as standard
Want to make your event or project safer with the addition of Rhino Crash Tested Safety Barriers? Get in touch with Border Barriers today and one of our friendly and dedicated representatives will help you. You could have your crash tested safety barriers by tomorrow with our ‘QuickSafe’ next day delivery and installation service. Even if you are not sure of the barrier system required for your project, our team will help you come up with the best solution. Give us a call on 01228 675 764 for a faster response.